Hemant Shelawala, BDSGeneral Dentist
Orthodontics (716) 343-0847
Specialties And Services
- General Dentistry
- Restorative Dentistry
- After Hours Emergency
Education & Credentials
- New York University Foreign Dental Program
- Goverment Dental College and Hospital Mumbai, India
- Former Member of Mumbai Dental Association, received and award for service
- Member of American Dental Association, former council chair
- Member of NY State Dental Association, former member of council for education and licensure
- Member of Eighth District Dental Society, former member of council for education and licensure
- Member of Erie County Dental Society, former President and chairperson on council for education and licensure
- Treasurer at Metropolitan Dental Study Club
Hobbies & Interests
Enjoys learning to cook, traveling, gardening and spending time with his wife Panna.
Community Services- Former President of Lions Club of Williamsville, Fund raising for Roswell Hospital by Ride for Roswell, YMCA's Turkey Trot
Dr. Shelawala was born and raised in Mumbai, India. He married his wife Panna and came to the USA in 1976. After practicing in several dental offices in Long Island, Brooklyn and Queens, Dr. Shelawala and his wife came to Buffalo, NY in 1981. He bought the dental practice where he was working in 1984 and now he and his wife, who is also his Dental Hygienist, have joined WNY Dental in 2018.
Guiding Principle of Favorite Quote
"I contribute my success in Dentistry to my wife Panna and my Dental Assistant, Jessica. They played a major role in keeping the practice running, without them I would not be where I am today"